Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pot Roast

I have been touted time and time again by numerous people about how awesome my pot roast is. I don't have a clear and concise recipe; i kind of just throw all sorts of stuff in and do what it is i do.

I can tell you that this roast was documented, but not by the precise measurement.

First i marinated (2 small roasts-all the store had). I inserted slivers of garlic into slices all around the roasts. I then marinated them in salt, white pepper, crushed garlic, montreal steak rub, gravy master, a little A1, a little Soy sauce, and some Wine.



Topped that with some garlic powder and let it sit chilled for a few hours turning occasionally to get both sides good and juiced up.


After marinating i seared/browned all sides of the roasts and added 1 whole onion chopped and 1 whole green pepper chopped.

Added beef stock (you can use your own or the canned, if using canned use roasted beef stock, not that canned brown salty liquid.. yuck..
I then added more gravy master and lipton recipe secrets beefy onion mix.. Stir it in then put the lid on and simmer under fork inserted rips out (falls off the bone tender!)

Because we are not a big fan of really lumpy gravy, once i take the meat out to settle i take the hand held drink mixer and puree the liquid. Thicken the liquid with corn starch and some butter and you are good to go!
It was delicious!

YES, those are home made mashed potatoes. Whipped them up in my Kitchen Aide stand mixer!

Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment